4 Ways to Get Clear SkinJun 17, 2021
Acne and other skin blemishes can be frustrating and embarrassing. But the good news is you can take control, get clearer skin and be happy. Here are four ways to get clearer skin at home:
- Clean your face twice a day (or more if you exercise or sweat heavily). Use warm water to get the initial layer of dirt and grime along with a mild cleansing product. Avoid using items other than your fingers to clean, as scrubbing can aggravate your skin.
- Try using benzoyl peroxide or a salicylic acid wash.
- Leave your pimples alone. It’s very tempting to pop or pick them, but this will only delay the healing process and could make the acne look worse.
- Protect yourself from the sun. UV rays can burn skin and damage it, which can make acne worse and lead to far worse skin conditions.
These tips work for some, but not everybody. Sometimes it’s necessary to see a professional.
How Dermatologists Can Help You Clear Acne
When people come to our office for acne appointments, they’re looking for answers. We help them by discussing their current home care regimen and then providing recommendations. We also provide the following treatments:
- Acne treatment with an Isolaz laser
- Extractions for treating milia and blackheads
- Prescription medications
If you’re getting frustrated with your acne and you’re not getting results on your own, it’s a good idea to schedule a dermatology appointment. A competent dermatologist will be able to help you determine the best treatment and routine for your unique skin.
About Center for Dermatology in Lakeville, Minnesota
The dermatology professionals at the Center for Dermatology are pleased to welcome you to our practice. We provide medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology services in Lakeville, MN. We know how hectic life can be and we’re committed to making our practice convenient and accessible.
You can feel confident that when you choose the Center for Dermatology, you’re working with health care professionals who are qualified, experienced and caring. We invite you to schedule an appointment for your next skin check. We look forward to meeting you!
Dr. Robert J. Zabel, D.O., Board Certified Dermatologist
Terry Larimer, PA-C
Sheila Cavallaro, PA-C